Completed

Software version running on machine?

Kevin 8 years ago updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 5 months ago 11

We have a machine in the field running 3.19 and we need to update the software remotely. To avoid updating the firmware (it takes too long and sometimes fails half way though updating) i need to revise the software using the correct version of IQAN Design originally installed on the machine. The machine appears to be running on firmware version 3.19.9.3143 in the MD3 and 3.19.9.2170 in the MC3. This is a multi master system.

Can anyone confirm which version of 3.19 I need to build the software change into to prevent having to update the firmware in the machine please? There are multiple versions of 3.19.9 and if I choose the incorrect one it will update the firmware.

I have tried to simulate 3.19.7 and 3.19.9 and use IQAN Run 3.19 to look at the firmware revision but the firmware does not appear to match what we have running in the machine. When I simulate I get 3.19.2.

Answered

IQANanalyze 500k device

ksilovich 8 years ago in IQANanalyze updated 8 years ago 2

Is there a list of supported DLA devices for IQANanalyze?

My problem is I am trying to connect to a 500k CAN network.. The Vansco DLA is only supported of the 250k (or at least that is all I can get it to work on), so I need an adapter that will work with analyze and a 500k CAN systems. I have a Dearborne DPA5, but I cannot get IQAN to recognize it.

Any suggestions?

User input of values

Mark 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated 8 years ago 2

I have an application where I am using an Intellinder cylinder that has the position feedback. I need to be able to allow the user to input the value of the position that he wants the cylinder to go to (extend or retract) and then execute the movement through a PID loop. I am having difficulty with the user input of "ending" position. The precision can be up to 0.01". I can use an adjust item to input the value, but I don't see a way for the default value to read the current cylinder position nor do I see a way to have the adjust item display on the home page instead of in the adjust sub-menu. Any thoughts, ideas, etc. are greatly appreciated. I could use some urgent help desperately.

Thanks

Fixed

iQan Simulate 4.02.5.3440 MD4 bug

David Dufour 8 years ago in IQANsimulate updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 13

I just updated to the Version 4.02.5.3440 and I'm unable now to see the start page on the screen. The only thing I have is the version number on the bottom right of the panel.

It work with a MD3 program.

To do the test, I use the demo program from Parker.

The MD3 demos work correctly, but all MD4 demos won't.

IQANdesign 4.02.14, update for IQAN-MC2

Gustav Widén (System support) 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated 8 years ago 0

IQAN-MC2 modules older than the MC2-M14 will stop and show an internal error blink code if running version 4.02.13 and connecting via USB. Some more details about this problem were posted here a couple of days ago:

http://forum.iqan.se/topics/390-older-mc2-with-version-402-internal-error-when-using-usb/

An update to resolve this issue is now released on check for updates.

Release notes here:

http://divapps.parker.com/divapps/iqan/Downloads/IQANdesign%204/ReleaseNotes4.02.14.htm

f´: Derivative - example??

ksilovich 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 8 years ago 3

By any chance are there any examples of using the derivative function?

I am trying to measure the gallons per min of a water pump we have. In the pump there is a linear (0.5v to 4.5v) sensor. So I am trying to use the derivative function to calculate the in/sec at which the sensor is traveling to calculate the GPM. In addition to just reading the in/sec I need to know in which direction the sensor is moving, because the amount of water is different on the return stroke due to the rod diameter.

I am currently using the derivative, but the issue I am facing is that when I am reading the sensor and applying the derivative the value is very finicky (jumps around alot) and if I apply any sort of filter to the sensor input the calculated flow lags the actual flow too much for our application.

Need to display a particular screen based on a condition in MD3 (Software I QAN Studio 4 Ver)

SANDEEP RAJAN 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Gustav Widén (System support) 8 years ago 1

Hello,

I need to directly display a screen (ex:screen 4 out of screen 10) based on a condition.

Ex:

Particular Case: Consider i had used MD3 display and switching it ON again after 3 hours of gap. during this case the display should prompt user to view screen 4 directly instead of showing screen 1.

Normal Case: Consider i had used MD3 display and switching it ON again after 1 hour of gap. during this case the display should prompt user to view screen 1 (which is normal) as per my sequence.

Thanks,

Sandeep R

Larsen & Toubro

Product Development Centre

Answered

Using Array Function in MD3 (Software I QAN Studio 4 Version)

SANDEEP RAJAN 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Ulrik Zakariasson (Software development) 8 years ago 3

Hello,

Am using MD3 (Software I QAN Studio 4 Version) for one of the development project in L&T India. I wanted to know how to use ARRAY Function in I QAN Studio 4

Not a bug

Language issue in 3.19 - with MD3

Aaron Wilkes 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated 8 years ago 3

I have added a French language option to an application and it will not change the internal IQAN menu’s/messages to French even though I have selected the fr-ca language code. It does change all our own translated messages. It does not seem to be an issue unique to this application since I tested adding a language to a blank program with only an MD3 and it also did not change to French. I was using 3.19.7.4013 and tried downloading 3.19.10.4102 from the divapps archive which did not make a difference. This happens with the Simulator and with an MD3.

Below are some screenshots from the blank program.

Image 364

Image 365

Menu after language change - still English

Image 366

Thanks

Aaron

Answered

G3 Modem

Nuri ALAŞAHİN MPG 8 years ago in IQANdesign updated by Thomas Moberg (System support) 7 years ago 9

Hi, where is IQAN-G3 modem in IQAN-Design V4.02?